Copying and pasting from one computer to another - Sharing your clipboard
Tuple supports copying and pasting between computers. Super helpful when you're working on code together!
When you're viewing a screen, you can:
- Copy text from your computer, mouse over the Tuple window, and paste the text on their computer.
- Select something on your pair's computer, copy it, and paste it to your computer.
- Copy text from your pair's computer and paste it elsewhere on their computer, without changing their clipboard.
- Copy text from your computer and paste it elsewhere on your computer, without changing their clipboard.
When you're the person sharing their screen, you can:
- Copy text from your computer and paste it elsewhere on your computer, without changing your pair's clipboard.
- Work with your clipboard normally as if you weren't pairing.
Each person has their own independent clipboard when pairing. All data is encrypted end-to-end (more about our security practices here https://tuple.app/security).
Note: Tuple disables command keys by default so that you don't accidentally command-tab on your pair's computer when you meant to command-tab away from Tuple. If you'd like to paste text on your pair's machine, make sure the Cmd Keys keyboard setting is enabled (more about keyboard modes here: https://docs.tuple.app/article/9-guest)